Why work for Country Living Homes
All the best things come from the country
At Country Living Homes we believe in recruiting the right employees, who are experts in their field and who can help contribute to our innovative and skilled workforce. We look for employees who can share our vision of continuing to be an award winning builder. A role with the company will expand your knowledge and will get the best out of you.
Grow your future career with Country Living Homes
POSITION: BUILDING WORKS SUPERVISOR
AWARD: FULL TIME
1. ORGANISATIONAL CONTEXT
Country Living Homes is a local building company that strives to make building homes a pleasurable experience.
The position plays a key role in contributing to the success of Country Living Homes and demands a proven performer who can develop and implement initiatives to support and strengthen the business’s capacity and culture. The incumbent will be responsible for supervising the construction of all homes, ensuring that homes are built in accordance to the relevant authorities, legislation and company policies and procedures within set time guides and preset budgets.
The incumbent will report to the General Manager of Country Living Homes and work closely with all staff members to ensure timely project management and forecast accuracy.
2. POSITION OBJECTIVES
- To provide supervision on the construction of all homes and ensure that homes are built in accordance to relevant building authorities legislation and company policies and procedures .
- To provide friendly, courteous and responsive service to all potential clients.
3. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- To coordinate activities by scheduling work assignments, setting priorities and directing the subcontractors and work subordinates.
- Oversee costs of materials needed to accomplish tasks.
- Inspect buildings and construction sites to determine materials and labor needs by visual observation.
- Completion of tasks on schedule within the provision of Country Living Homes operating schedules.
4. ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS
- Ensure all projects are managed within budget.
- Proficient in construction scheduling and cash flow management.
- Assist with the management of the work in progress ledger.
- Actively participate in cross functional teams.
- Excellent time manager, be flexible to changes in deadlines and work focus.
- Coordinate and supervise the efficient completion of all site projects.
- Ability to handle clients in every situation.
- Work efficiently and independently.
5. MANAGEMENT SKILLS
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organise and prioritise tasks to ensure targets are achieved.
- Manage and maintain contractor relationships and customer relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to use initiative in dealing with multiple or conflicting demands under limited supervision.
6. INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Demonstrated superior interpersonal skills in presenting an enthusiastic, courteous and approachable manner to all clients.
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain discretion in all dealings with confidential issues.
- Maintain general cleanliness of all work sites.
7. QUALIFICATIONS /EXPERIENCE
- Practical experience in residential building industry and will preferably have tertiary qualifications in building and construction.
- A Supervisors Registration.
- Current drivers license.
- Working knowledge of relevant OH&S legislation.
- Well developed customer service skills for face to face, telephone or e-mail interactions.
8. OCCUPATION HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Assist in the provision of a safe working environment for all employees of Country Living Homes in accordance with the Occupation Health and Safety Regulations.
- Perform duties in accordance with the regulations, Country Living Homes Code of Practice.
- Participate in safety training as required.
- Monitor occupational health and safety within the area of responsibility.
Country Living Homes currently have no other positions available. However if you have a desire to learn, a strong work ethic and a postive team based attitude please don't hesitate to email in your resume to us at email@example.com Or alternatively post your Resume to 16-18 Ellen Street, Moonta, 5558
Talk to one of our friendly Sales Consultants Today
CALL > 1300 805 505 or complete the form below and one of our friendly sales consultants will contact you asap.
When April and Brenton stumbled on the Country Living Homes Office in Moonta while buying lunch next door at the Cornish Kitchen. they were convinced they were building with another Builder. However, after chatting with CLH Sales Consultant Holly Chapman they began to re-evaluate their decision, and researched their options of building with Country Living Homes. April and Brenton loved that they could custom the Bennie II a Country Living Homes favourite plan, to suit their needs and to make it their true dream design. After speaking with April and Brenton at the completion of the build they said they were extremely happy.
“We were so impressed with the personalised service we received from Country Living Homes in regards to telephone communication with Mark Ravo and Holly (Sales Rep) visiting us in our home in Adelaide to discuss plans.
Julia and Jack’s support and advice at selection time was extremely helpful and the quality of standard items meant we didn't have to spend extra money on upgrades.
The house and construction build was excellent and we were delighted that handover happened a few months earlier than anticipated.
We would definitely recommend Country Living!”
Emma & Dan Searle
For our first experience as home builders, we were apprehensive as we would often hear about issues being encountered and long delays from other people who have built with other builders. Thankfully we didn’t encounter these delays with Country Living Homes. They were very receptive to our request to have our home built by a certain time and worked hard to make sure this date was met. They were always available to answer any queries we had and were friendly and helpful in the decision making process. It was also pleasing to build with a great local business. We are thrilled with our new home and have no hesitation in recommending Country Living Homes.
Joe & Jenny Collins
We built the Allen home as our holiday home with Country Living Homes. No effort was spared by the salesperson to personally drive us around to show us the various styles of home either completed or under construction with the company. The staff accommodated us in “tweaking” the original design to suit our needs. The day of selection went very smoothly and with little fuss and plenty of patience as we made our choices. Being on the sea front on top of a cliff and subject to very strong winds at times and sea spray, the advice to upgrade to “Coastal Pack” has given us great peace of mind. The girls in the office were also friendly and at all times helpful and a pleasure to deal with.
We were kept very informed during the build. The supervisor and various trades used during the build were always very prompt in replying to either our phone calls or emails during the build and since completion on any queries. The trades were exemplary in their workmanship and quality of finish and great to deal with. We love our home and have received many compliments from either people walking past and having friends share our very well built and finished home with us.
Thank you to Mark and staff, we highly recommend your company.
Heather & Barry Swan
North Beach, Wallaroo
Just a short note to let you know how impressed we are with our new house. The whole experience of building with CLH has been amazing. We had built a house previously with a big time city builder and that experience was quite stressful however the thing that has made the biggest impression on us this time was the care factor shown by all of the CLH staff. Every time we had a transaction or conversation with any CLH staff member we were treated with the utmost respect and professionalism. Satisfying our needs to the best of their ability has been their focus from start to finish. There were no weak links in the chain and no one dropped the ball.
Thanks again and please pass this note on to all of your staff.
Caroline & Chris Ward
Moonta Bay, SA
I was happy with Country Living Homes and their contractors I would (and do) recommend to others. I don’t know how you could improve, as the friendly, positive, pro-activeness of Country Living Homes and their contractors as individuals was excellent. Thank you for helping make building my new home a pleasurable experience.
We would to say thank you for our beautiful new home. It has been a real pleasure to have worked along side such friendly and professional team
We were told at the start how stressful building a new home can be. You guys have made it a pleasure. To see our new home grow, from planning to watching it being built on site. As you might not have known we lived in the caravan in the shed on site, we wont be taking the caravan out for awhile. We can't believed how quick it has taken to have built our home and now we have been living in it for a month. The workmanship was of a high quality and standard.
We would like to again say thank you for the journey and have no problem in recommending your homes.
John & Wendy Zimmerman